Skip to main content

KISMET


Kismet is a fancy way of describing your fate. I realized right away that Anna was my destiny. How, you might ask did I know? Well, I realized that I am a lot for someone to handle long before I met Anna. And I am a bit picky and old-fashioned at times. I started to get comfortable with being single for the rest of my life. Fate and destiny had a different plan for me.

When I met Anna, I realized that our love was unique. She loved and embraced who I am as a person. I was not used to that. In fact, I would fade out of past relationships because I felt like people did not understand me. Anna on the other hand did understand me and loved me for who I am.

KISMET is something I thought I would never have in a relationship. Along comes the love of my life Anna Stagliano and fate and destiny had a different plan for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Lucky Can One Guy Be

I ask myself this every day. how in the world did this happen. I never expected to find love at such a late age. I gave up on the thought of having a partner. I was happy just being me. After all, my four kids are healthy, and I have a great job in the Catskills where I can hike and be outdoors. When you are in your fifties, you allow yourself to think this is all I want. What more did I need. Then, along comes Anna when I least expected it.  Music means a lot to me. One day, I heard a song that reminded me of the weekend we first met. This song is my anthem when I think of meeting Anna. It is "Aint that a kick in the head" by Dean Martin. This is how I feel when I think of or see Anna. The "pop" that starts the song reminds me of the first time I laid eyes on her.  The lyrics remind me of the first time we met in Erie Pennsylvania. Especially, "I hugged her and she hugged me back!" We had spent 6 weeks getting to know each other on the phone. When I set m

YouTubing Our Love

Living apart for an extended period takes creative measures to show the other person that you love them. One of my earliest habits that has lasted over 6 months is as follows. When we are apart, I end every night with a song dedicated to Anna. It is a small gesture that has brought about many warm memories. Some nights, I have dedicated songs that Anna recently listened to or thought of at some point. This speaks to KISMET or Intuit someone can lead to amazing experiences even from a distance.  Some of our song titles have ranged from many genres of music. I usually take the day to think of a song that fits my ever-growing love for Anna. The range can be from the 1950s to the present regarding the artists I have chosen for Anna.  Lastly, my favorite artist is Phil Collins/Genesis. I occasionally choose a song from my favorite artist because it is special. It is my way of sharing something that brings me joy. Over the past 40 years, I have loved some of the songs for their deep meaning