Skip to main content

It's Okay To Be You

Personality matters. We all have one. For years, I always felt mine was a barrier to relationship success. I needed to find someone that allowed me to be me. I have a big personality and want to share it with the woman I love. 

One sure way to find out if someone truly loves you is when they tell you to tone it down a bit. That never worked for me in the past. I don't want to "tone" down my love for someone. In fact, I want to do the opposite. I want to fully embrace and be a little 'Cra Cra" with the woman I love. 

Anna is another version of me in some crazy way. Our personalities can be similar and different. We embrace both because the love shared never has to be the same. Let me provide an example of the same and different. 

The first thing that comes to my mind regarding the same is our values. We are very alike. We share the same values and a sense of what is needed in a relationship. I love that about us.  We know the non-negotiables that can tear us apart and lovingly work together to keep us strong. Anna and I love our strong sense of responsibility to each other.

People who first meet us might think, "Whoa" based on appearances. I have the "dad "vibe and the clothing line to go with the vibe. Anna on the other hand is the fashion model that walks into a room and looks absolutely radiant. When you love someone, typical things such as appearances are not the barometer for success. It is the heart and soul of the relationship that means the most. I love how we are the same and different. I love Anna for many reasons. Allowing me to be me is just one of the many I truly appreciate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KISMET

Kismet is a fancy way of describing your fate. I realized right away that Anna was my destiny. How, you might ask did I know? Well, I realized that I am a lot for someone to handle long before I met Anna. And I am a bit picky and old-fashioned at times. I started to get comfortable with being single for the rest of my life. Fate and destiny had a different plan for me. When I met Anna, I realized that our love was unique. She loved and embraced who I am as a person. I was not used to that. In fact, I would fade out of past relationships because I felt like people did not understand me. Anna on the other hand did understand me and loved me for who I am. KISMET is something I thought I would never have in a relationship. Along comes the love of my life Anna Stagliano and fate and destiny had a different plan for me. 

How Lucky Can One Guy Be

I ask myself this every day. how in the world did this happen. I never expected to find love at such a late age. I gave up on the thought of having a partner. I was happy just being me. After all, my four kids are healthy, and I have a great job in the Catskills where I can hike and be outdoors. When you are in your fifties, you allow yourself to think this is all I want. What more did I need. Then, along comes Anna when I least expected it.  Music means a lot to me. One day, I heard a song that reminded me of the weekend we first met. This song is my anthem when I think of meeting Anna. It is "Aint that a kick in the head" by Dean Martin. This is how I feel when I think of or see Anna. The "pop" that starts the song reminds me of the first time I laid eyes on her.  The lyrics remind me of the first time we met in Erie Pennsylvania. Especially, "I hugged her and she hugged me back!" We had spent 6 weeks getting to know each other on the phone. When I set m

YouTubing Our Love

Living apart for an extended period takes creative measures to show the other person that you love them. One of my earliest habits that has lasted over 6 months is as follows. When we are apart, I end every night with a song dedicated to Anna. It is a small gesture that has brought about many warm memories. Some nights, I have dedicated songs that Anna recently listened to or thought of at some point. This speaks to KISMET or Intuit someone can lead to amazing experiences even from a distance.  Some of our song titles have ranged from many genres of music. I usually take the day to think of a song that fits my ever-growing love for Anna. The range can be from the 1950s to the present regarding the artists I have chosen for Anna.  Lastly, my favorite artist is Phil Collins/Genesis. I occasionally choose a song from my favorite artist because it is special. It is my way of sharing something that brings me joy. Over the past 40 years, I have loved some of the songs for their deep meaning